CITY OF NORMAN PARK
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ENGINEERING GRANT SERVICES
Date: February 1, 2019
Statements of qualifications and proposals are being requested from engineering firms with a strong record in successfully assisting local governments with the implementation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs. Responding firms should be technically qualified and licensed in the State of Georgia to provide these services. Plans are to contract for engineering preliminary design services required for a potential FY 2019 CDBG project and, if funded, for engineering/architectural services for the implementation of the project. The purpose of the project is to provide sewer improvements.
Information which should be submitted for our evaluation is as follows:
- History of firm and resources
- CDBG/EIP/RDF experience, including other DCA grant programs
- Key personnel/qualifications
- Current workload
- Scope and level of service proposed
- Experience with similar projects and list of references
- Fees and/or Percentages (if any) associated with the Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) for the application, and Design and Construction Management Services, if the project is funded. The draft PER would be needed no later than two weeks following selection by Norman Park.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Statement of Qualifications Form
- Section 3 Certification Form (Only Submit with your Proposal if you are claiming Section 3 Status.)
All contracts are subject to Federal and State contract provisions prescribed by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. This project is covered under the requirements of Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, as amended and Section 3 Business Concerns are encouraged to apply.
The City of Norman Park also abides by the following laws as they pertain to HUD Assisted Projects: Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Section 109 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, Title 1; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act); Section 104(b)(2) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended; Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA); and the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968.
Interested parties should request copies of the Statement of Qualifications Form and Section 3 Solicitation Package prior to preparing and submitting their proposal. Proposals should be received no later than 5:00 PM on March 6, 2019. Proposals received after the above date and time may not be considered. We reserve the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive informalities in the proposal process. Questions, Statement of Qualifications and Section 3 Certification form requests (i.e., request for Section 3 preference), and proposal packages should be submitted to the name and address listed below:
Hope Amador, City Clerk
City of Norman Park
P. O. Box 197
Norman Park, GA 31771